Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Rat Race


Portia, Phillips and Old Boy Omar. While some of us are concerned with the new leader of the PNP, Jim Screechy seems only concerned with who will look better in the most critiqued position in JA.

It’s all trivial pursuits and cosmetic appearances I’m concerned about. I did a poll and asked person the following questions; let’s see who scores the most in these paltry categories:

Questions

Simpson-Miller

Davies

That other Dude…oh..Phillips

Most expected to die of a coronary/stress related Disease.

3%

56%

41%

Most use of “ahmm”, during speeches/debates.

20%

50%

30%

Most use of the absent mind stare.

10%

20%

70%

Who seems to get first ‘dibbs’ on the latest model Mitsubishi Pajero.

15%

54%

31%

Most likely to use bi-focals in spare time to wreak havoc on unsuspecting citizens..ahm I mean insects.

ZIP!

33%

67%

Who didn’t pay attention in Public speaking class.

5%

80%

15%


Portia Simpson-Miller- Eloquent, tasteful and highly popular to female masses wearing only brightly coloured bras and tights; as well as loose wrist males. She boasts a popular rating unsurpassed by her colleagues, as she is the only politician smart enough to know about the points and popularity one can score simply by showing up at public audiences and looking like you give a damn. Portia could easily win the battle- if the decision was left up to the general public and/or if we lived in a country that would ever see a skirt in such a momentous position.

Davies- Absolutely notorious. His notoriety surpasses Portia only in the fact that he’s the reason most Jamaican motorists carry a ‘half a lass’ (small cutlass) in their car. The mere thought of having a chance to slash this mans tires or legislative writing fingers come at a risk Jamaicans are willing to take.

Davies is undoubtedly the cause of every Jamaicans’ “Blood-cloth!”, “Jeezaz Christ”, “Kiss mi Neck!”, “To Raghtid!” and other profanities after realizing how much G.C.T has amounted to, after each and every single purchase island wide.

Feared by the general public, especially near to the national budget debate, when citizens, already riddled with every tax under the sun, believe that even Jamaican popular culture scenarios are vulnerable to the tax fangs of Davies’.

I speculate the following are probable taxes-based off the enormous revenue they can generate for the Government:

  • Midnight Parking Tax on Knutsford Blvd, Kingston.
  • KFC, Manor Park, Friday Night, waiting line tax.
  • Downtown Sidewalk Higgler Tax.(Baggies & Bingo’s seem to have a huge profit margin down there)
  • Capital Crime Tax (to be imposed on sentenced prisoners for each life they snuff out)
  • White Collar, Kingston 8 Crime Tax
  • Portmore Residents’ Housing Expansion Tax ( applicable to 1 bedroom houses that miraculously turn into 5 bedroom, 2 story houses overnight.)
  • Uptown Kid’s Travelers’ Tax (presently under the disguise as “speeding tickets”) on route to Heroes, Emancipation, Labour Day and Easter Weekend parties.
  • Jamaican “Rotisserie Chicken Craze” Tax. (Talk about a freaking benefit to the bachelors and wutless housewives man!

PHILLIPS- the person partly responsible for every defunct crime fighting initiative.
Silent, swift and damn near forgotten in terms of publicity. Countless times during this article I had to Google this dude! He’s been around so long, but I’ll be darned if I can remember his first name for more than an hour. Very notorious for hiring a deranged psychopath as Police Superintendent to do his bidding on the streets of Jamaica. ( See article entitled, “Operation Kingfish-JA’s new crime fighting initiative)

11 comments:

The Seeker said...

U dont Do Peter Phillips any 'Justice' (No Pun intended). In my estimation He is most likely to win. Portia is a woman and Omar is the Person Jamaicans love to hate the most (even more than PJ).

I of course would not be sure of who to vote for, More than likely I would go with ther evil I know and Vote for Omar :S shocking yes, But Portia has not shown me the level of sofistication I would like to see in a leader (she needs to bit more like maxine, but not too much). Peter Phillips to me reeks of curruption and the fact that he is head of Justice Ministry does not help.

Omar Davis on the other hand Is Currupt, We know he is Cuirrupt and He has told us he is Currupt, with Him we know where we stand. He is going to screw the country over, Not behind our backs (like Peter Phillips seems to want to do), but rather in our faces. There are no illuysions and false promises with this man, there is much to be said for Honest curruption.

Having said all this it is still up to the deligates and as the Political Bloodbath gets underway, it seems that Peter is gonna win. Still One must wonder, what if Omar pulls it off, Do you think he could be Prime Minister?

Jim Screechy said...

What's up seeker-izzle! Thanks for the comment! I wrote this about a mth ago- thought it sucked but put it up anyway.

I don'think Portia has a chance-she seems to be propped up by a wooden stick-(puppet on a string/gopher/alli button)...in other words I dont't think she lacks the much needed metaphorical 'balls' to hold such a position. She has what I call "The gift of gab". I doubt she could handle the REAL shit of being a Prime Minister.

I wouldn't know who to vote for either..talking about voting ..I'm not even registered to do the freaking thing.

Peter Phillips and Omar are the only contenders in this thing. It's the 20th century so they had to throw a skirt in the mix to let Intl. viewers know that even as a 3rd world country, we're still trying to be 'civalized' & that chicks are actually going somewhere..ya!

Phillips- I wouldn't vote for him just because he has failed at ever attempt to quelch the crime; I mean how hard is it to search a couple thousand containers on the wharf and to shoot Cuban rif-raffs delivering guns on the shore??
Plus I dont think I've ever heard him say more than 3 sentences at a time.

Omar does look like the one poised and cut out for such a position..God knows he'd do a better job at public speaking that P.J. did.In terms of curroption..are you speaking of him being corrupt for going to that gangster dudes, funeral?

The Seeker said...

THat Pluss the fact the man Publicly Declared taht He has used Tax payers money for PNP's Campaign. That is a serious offence, but he tells in such a matter of fact way that we just have to suck it up.

I steall Money for whatever, I have been implicated in a number of scandalls, I went to a Dons Funeral, and I am arrogant to boot, and you u stll gonna vote for me cause I'm just gonna pull a stunt that will make country suffer in the long run, but will make you love me long enough to cast your ballot.

this guy is good. Or is that we're stupid?

I am not registered to vote Iether. dont plan to. 2 reasons,
1. Voting puts my life Directly at risk, and
2. There is no Diff beteween the 2 Parties, the agendas are almost Identical, Jamaica is in a sorry state and the only way to get us out is through some measures that none of the Parties have the spine to do, because they know we wont re-elect them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about anaerobic digestion. I also have a site about anaerobic digestion which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I believe that Portia has a chance, not just because of her popularity, but because she has charisma. I think that's what the other contenders are lacking. I believe that she has the ability to actually 'reach' people, because she has the 'feminine touch' - plus, I think it's time for Jamaica to go through a drastic change. All the other females that have held powerful positions in the world did very well; Probably Portia can.

The Seeker said...

Hey Allison, I agree with you as far as to say that, if it were up to the Jamaican People she probebly would win, and also We do need drastic change, But alas, the Delegatets are the ones who will decide and right now Peter Phillips has the alarger contingent.
I have no Doubt that If she became PM she would do at least a decent job, But she seems, at lest to me, out of touch with the big picture. In her attempt to reach the masses and to Identify with them, I get the impression taht she would make other things suffer just so as to keep everyone happy, Such a leader is dangerous.
Her handling of the past couple of attacks that her oppenents have thrown at her has left me quite skeptical. Where as her responses endered her to the common man, somehow, thats not the thing I expect from my head of state, Its a fine line one has to walk, and to be honest none of the candidates seem to have it, but such is life.

Anonymous said...

...Peter Phillips wasn't always minister of National Security..He was transport and works- he did well there as it was he who transformed our bus system from the old carts that used to bruk down 45 minutes away from the nearest bus stop in some dark corner...to the new benzez which is popularly known as the chi - chi.

So give phillips credit...he has done more than Portia...as i recall portia still owes water commisssion $50,000.

The Seeker said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Unlike the others I'm not going to examine the candidates.

My questions to you are:

(i) What was you sample size?
(ii) How was your sample chosen?
(iii) Are your results statistically significant? And if yes, at what level?
(iv) When was the data collected?
(v) Were the choices given to respondents nominal or ordinal (I know it was NOT interval/ratio)?
(vi) Were any tranformations made for you to report these results?

A pet peeve of mine are persons claiming to conduct polls/surveys/whatever and reporting results which may not mean anything. Right now, I credit your research with as much as I credit a certain TV station's results - a grain, a small grain of salt.

Anonymous said...

Unlike the others I'm not going to examine the candidates.

My questions to you are:

(i) What was you sample size?
(ii) How was your sample chosen?
(iii) Are your results statistically significant? And if yes, at what level?
(iv) When was the data collected?
(v) Were the choices given to respondents nominal or ordinal (I know it was NOT interval/ratio)?
(vi) Were any tranformations made for you to report these results?

A pet peeve of mine are persons claiming to conduct polls/surveys/whatever and reporting results which may not mean anything. Right now, I credit your research with as much as I credit a certain TV station's results - a grain, a small grain of salt.

Jim Screechy said...

REPLIES:
Statistician:-
You should examine the candidates, maybe you'd laugh more if you did.
Now to your answers oh stern one:
(i)What was you sample size?- 100 good looking females.

(ii) How was your sample chosen? -randomly,partly sober and only those who were wearing short skirts.

(iii) Are your results statistically significant? And if yes, at what
level?-
Yes they are, to me and to those interested. What level? To the supa dupa level.(social Justive and commentary)

(iv)When was the data collected?
Between Sept.-Oct 2005

(v) Were the choices given to respondents nominal or ordinal (I know it was NOT interval/ratio)?

Ahmm.....Nominal? (I asked them who mostly fitted my descriptions and they answered)

(vi) Were any tranformations made for you to report these results?

Transformers? Oh, oh....I get you.
..actually I dont...(:-S)

Who said my results meant something, it's just suppose to be funny...(please read my disclaimer on homepage)
Even though I'm grateful for your comment and actually passing by, I regard your comment as a flush of dookie, a BIG flush of dookie. You know, one of those "L" shaped ones that are hard to get down? :-)